Player becomming coaches

That stupid rule that we can't have as many coaches as we want to makes us to use all exploits we can find. One is to buy older players and then wait until they retire.. It worked perfect the first season and everyone of my old players where becoming coaches. But now in the second season no one became it instead and that even though before the season all of them would definitly stays and become coach or scout. Did they change their mind because i already have much more than the board recommend or what? Is it possible in some way to persuade a player who already had made the decision to quit after the season without a leader-profile to get one?

What can I do to secure that players become coaches?

You need to keep telling them 'that they would make a great coach' do it every month or two and they should take up a coaching role.

I had the same trouble, having three of my fav players retire despite saying they were staying in the game but then for an entire season I kept telling my player he would make a good coach and he did become one. So I think they just need the push.

You can tell them this if you go into the players profile ==> Player Interaction.

I've said that many times to the players, i even got Scholes from "definitly not staying in football" to "definitly become a scout" but then he still didn't became it when he announced his retire.

There's no attributes that play a part in it?

Just offer your Assistant Manager a coach contract, and keep doing it to the next guy, i did it for a while but Wolfgang wouldn't have it, and besides, noway i'll fire him. He's name is kick-ass. ;)

Gallas/Maldini/Cannavaro and some other players are coaches on mine, just buy them in their mid-30's and stick 'em in the reserves.

Archived