Do Leagues get harder after 1st season?

Im in season 3 back in the Championship after relagation. compared to the team i went up with, i have a far superior team, difference is i feel im struggling more now than i did in the 2 seasons i spent in this league..

Do teams sign players and end up making the league more competitive, if not may be the al know more about my tactic selection.

The leagues do not get harder but AI managers will view you in a different way now as your reputation will have changed. Because you're now seen as more of a threat, being as you've recently been playing in the Premier League, the AI managers will most likely play more defensively against you, simply because they expect you to be stronger than last time round.

This has nothing to do with the AI being able to see what tactics you're using or anything like that, they simply play more defensively aginst you as they see you as a strong team. You will need to adjust your tactics to compensate for this.

Im favorutes to win95% of games this season. im only winning about 60%

I keep reading how creative freedom is needed and that all the best tactics seem to be attacking ones..

I just simply cant get high tempo high freedom attacking tactics to work.

I find a normal low freedom works best as it keeps the ball far more. some times i dont create much but then again may be its the qiality of my strikers..

if these teams play more defensive how are they over running a much better team of player most games..?

I've come to believe that leagues don't get harder after the first season, but are a bit flaky in general. For instance, in my first season I ended up 11th, due to me being cash-strapped and having all kinds of crap players with high wages. Which, incidentally, I can't even give away for free due to the AI not willing to buy my players, unless they're future stars - which they then try to buy for less than half the asking price. But that aside.

Anyway, first season went pretty easy. No sweat and I didn't expect anything higher than 10th place anyway.

The second season I ended up 11th again. Why, with all the new signings and a general feel of playing much better? I blame it on bad luck.

Third season I ended 5th, got Champions League and all. Felt like I had a much harder season to get through, but ended up a lot higher.

Fourth season made me end up in 8th place, but still getting UEFA Cup due to winning the national Cup. National league was easy, but it simply didn't get me any higher. As if my players weren't motivated anymore. It felt like everyone conspired against me in the playoffs, but at least I managed to save my job by winning the cup and getting European football.

Fifth season resulted in me ending 3rd - a fairly easy challenge with almost the same (sub-par) team, but failing the European playoffs, so 3rd without European football :-(

And 6th season I ended up 2nd. A really hard season, but it felt like my team was simply better than usual with the few new signings I made. But the places 1 to 10 were only separated by 6 points. Good thing I was on a winning spree in the last few weeks, which propelled me from 10th to 2nd in the final stages.

So yeah, I think the leagues are sometimes a lot easier and sometimes a lot harder. It's driving me crazy because I really don't want my league to suddenly become a lot harder when my board tells me that they expect me to win the league next time, since I'm doing so well in the national league already on years when the league was easy.

it's anoying tho when you know you have a better team but may be your tactical knowledge keeps gettin gon done and your none the wiser as to why or how to fix it..

If you read all the help files, you need to be brains of britain just to remember it all and know how to counter certain instances in a flash.

Im knowledge of football is pritty good but knowledge of this game and what works and what doesnt isnt that great ;)

Personally I did far better with both Hibernian and Werder Bremen in my 2nd season than my first. First season at Hibernian we had 2 wins from our first 11 games before getting our backsides in gear to finish 3rd, but a long way behind the Old Firm, whilst 2nd season we challenged Celtic and Rangers right up until the final 5 games when we sponatneously conbusted and handed the top 2 spots to them. At Werder Bremen we could never quite keep up with Bayern Munich 1st season and finished 2nd, but in our second season we kept pace with them all the way, beat them in the final head to head and won the title by a point. Mind you, in the 3rd season they finished 22 points ahead of us so I guess it got more difficult then!

Archived