Help with update.

I recently bought FM08 and I am trying to check for updates and am getting the following error message:

Check for update 80

New version available

We've detected that a newer version is available from the Sports Interactive website.

However, we are unable to find the download in our database currently. Please try later!

I've tried now for about 7 successive days and keep getting the same error.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

I downloaded this link from here:

Football Manager 2008 - official torrent downloads

PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

and am getting the following in the bit torrent player

pic1wc1.png

pic1wc1.7f0d765d5f.jpg

I tried to re-do the update from the game screen but I got the same error as above.

I opened the game but it still said version 8.0

Sorry to be such a pain, I'm just not all that great with this stuff...as you can tell.

Goto rinso's link and scroll down the page and you will see direct links. I wouldn't start with all the torrent rubbish, tbh :)

With the direct link, you will download a .rar file which you will need to unzip with WinRAR (or similar program). Once you have extraced the patch.exe, just double click it and press update.

Ignore my post above.

You need to find the folder where your downloads goto as it appears the patch has downloaded. Once in that folder, just double click 'fm2008_802_boxed-pc.exe' and press update.

Or you could try rightclicking on the filename in BitTorrent and see if you can launch it directly from there.

Archived