Rejecting transfer bids

When you recieve a transfer bid, you have the option to make it known to the public that you have recieved this bid and surely whether or not you have accepted or rejected this bid is released too, what I would like to know is when you have rejected a bid and made it public, why do other teams still bid?

Bit more detail: In my current game, I have Henri Saivet in my Liverpool squad, he is only 18 at the mo so I am keeping hold of him in the reserves till I want hm in my 1st team, Barca, Man U and a whole host of other teams want to sign him and have made enquiries to this effect, I have rejected all of these enquiries and made them public but teams are still making enquiries about him, surely if it is released to the public that I have dismissed an enquiry from one team, few if any teams should now make enquiries, I mean, what can they possibly have to gain from doing this when I have already dismissed several? To me it just doesn't make sense, logically if one team is rejected publically, other teams would not enquire about a player, they would launch in with a bid or wait till he is available if they want to sign him that much

OK, discombobulated mini-rant over

logically, you're right.. but it seems logic and the transfer system dont go together!! you can safely just ignore the enquiries, which speeds things up a bit.. also cuts out the possibility of him getting unsettled by you rejecting one.. atm theres not a lot you can do about it tbh, short of putting a ridiculously high asking price on him and hoping they all go away...

although, having said that.. the clubs may have a mentality of "x wasnt successful in their bid, but we might be if we try" and thats why you keep getting offers. have to admit though, the transfer system is in need of some serious work

logically, you're right.. but it seems logic and the transfer system dont go together!! you can safely just ignore the enquiries, which speeds things up a bit.. also cuts out the possibility of him getting unsettled by you rejecting one.. atm theres not a lot you can do about it tbh, short of putting a ridiculously high asking price on him and hoping they all go away...

That is what I've just done, seems to have done the trick, still gets on me nerves though, so many flaws in the transer system in FM, this one was the latest one that really wound me up, so seeing as I'm alone at the mo, thought I would take my frustration out on everyone here lol

although, having said that.. the clubs may have a mentality of "x wasnt successful in their bid, but we might be if we try" and thats why you keep getting offers

I figured this was the reason, just seems so flawed in the logic that if one team had just an enquiry rejected that you then making one would get you anywhere

you're not the only one having a swipe at the transfer system tonight!! http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=34695

and yeah, to be honest, it is a bit daft.. especially as, half the time, the original club comes back in with another enquiry a week or so later!! if i'd have changed me mind, i'd have transfer listed him!! if he aint transfer listed, sod off!!! (also have Saivet in the reserves, and have the same prob!!)

you're not the only one having a swipe at the transfer system tonight!! http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=34695

and yeah, to be honest, it is a bit daft.. especially as, half the time, the original club comes back in with another enquiry a week or so later!! if i'd have changed me mind, i'd have transfer listed him!! if he aint transfer listed, sod off!!! (also have Saivet in the reserves, and have the same prob!!)

Aye I seen that thread just now, that really winds me up too, serious flaw, I really hope that in 09 they have addressed these issues with the AI, cuz all these things with the transfer system are starting to wind me up something proper, been an avid player of SI's manager games for years, ever since CM2, and I am seriously considering just sleeping at night instead of playin FM at the moment

and I am seriously considering just sleeping at night instead of playin FM at the moment

oh dear!! yeah i got to agree with you on that one, its in dire need of an overhaul, and i really hope they do so in 09... dunno what'll happen if they dont, might have to go back to playing internet pool again or something... :o

Drastic times call for drastic measures and I really hope that SI have taken apart the transfer system and rebulit it to make it more bearable for 09, I don't mind the odd bug or glitch here or there cuz the patches will sort that out, it's that the logic of it all is totally flawed and as a relative newcomer to these forums I dont know how long this sort of thing has been raised for SI's attention on here, hopefully it was before 09 went into developement, if so, then fingers crossed that they have sorted it

tbh i think enough people have made enough complaints and threads about the transfer mechanism on 08 for SI to sit up and take notice... well i'd like to hope so anyways!! i dont remember having this many problems with things in 07, but that was a long time ago, havent touched it since 08 came out!!

It does seem like everyday there is a new rant by someone on here about something to do with transfers lol

As for 07, I can't remember it very well either, but I really think that if something annoyed me as much as this I would be able to recall it,

I don't generally mind that this game can get repetitive occasionally but it's when there is a lot of flaws that repeat themselves that get on my nerves, so, hopefully SI are paying attention to us all on here and getting the job done properly for next time!:p

Its almost the same system as '06, let alone '07. The variability of teams making inquiries fluctuates patch to patch and version to version, but the underlying system seems unchanged. I wonder if there are any programmers at SI? Or have they decided that living on a beach drinking gin is preferable to working?

I don't generally mind that this game can get repetitive occasionally but it's when there is a lot of flaws that repeat themselves that get on my nerves, so, hopefully SI are paying attention to us all on here and getting the job done properly for next time!:p

yeah there do seem to be a lot of problems in this game, unfortunately. theres also a lot of good stuff thats been brought into it, ok so some of it needs a bit more work, but generally, i still think its been a step forward from 07. maybe not a huge one, but it has. its also the version of fm i've played my longest career game on (into 2016) since cm01/02, when seasons went past in an hour or two!!!

Archived