I love FM, the new version 08 is perfect just i don`t like some things.First why bulgarian players can`t be CONTINENTAL.One player from Belgium with no stats or from Israel when join big club get Continental.One bulgarian with better stats can`t be. Like Dimitar Makriev he have perfect stats.I buy him in Real Madrid or Chelsea.He is the best Striker , but he stay only national .Or Dimitar Berbatov he should be worldwide.I have never seen some ball control like his.No one in Premiership or other league doesn`t have such Ball Controll..One other thing how you choose who will take the Golden Boot.Kostadin Hazurov is with 40 matches and 45 goals and he is 3rd.Piquione is with 39 matches and 36 goals and he is first !!! How is that possible!!! Please repair this things in the new FM09

Bulgarians can be continental, I'm sure. There are alot of thing that affect it though.

The Golden Boot is decided on a points sytem. So if one player has the same amount of goals as another in a more difficult league, he will win the award. It's not just about how many goals are scored.

Hi there PS:p, with regard to the Golden Boot - it is normally limited to an individual competition, so, your player may have scored 45 goals - but were all of them in the relevant competition? Your player may have scored 30 in the league, 10 in one cup, and 5 in another - but the other player scored all 36 goals in the league. Despite you scoring more goals over all, the other one would lead the goal scoring charts.

That might be worth checking out.

With regard to reputation - it changes over time. Just because a player is low rep at the beginning of the game doesn't mean he'll stay low. I can't, obviously, comment on your individual examples, as I'm at work at the mo - but Berbatov, for example, if at the right club in the right league - and doing well in various competition, etc, should eventually increase in reputation, in exactly the same way that you as a manager will increase in reputation through time.

EDIT: I didn't see Neji's reply before mine as I went out to make tea - he's almost certainly 100 times more knowledgable than me, so his point about the Golden Boot is almost certainly more accurate.

EDIT: I didn't see Neji's reply before mine as I went out to make tea - he's almost certainly 100 times more knowledgable than me, so his point about the Golden Boot is almost certainly more accurate.

I wouldn't go that far. It depends which Golden Boot award, come to think of it. I think the European one is decided on points, obviously others, like the Premiership award is just decided on how many goals are scored.

The leagues have different points for each goal scored. In a top league each goal is worth two points, lower leagues are awarded one point.

So your player could have 45 points from 45 goals, the other player could have 72 points from 36 goals. What leagues are each players playing in?

okey i undestand for the golden boot.

But for reputation not.Only few players in Bulgaria are continental - berbatov,m.petrov, chavdar yankov

I really play very much FM and 24 years old Dimitar Makriev can`t be continental for sure ! But one player like israelian Toto Tamuz can.This is not normal.Also players like Branimir Kostadinov ( Hearts) and Nikolay Dimitorv ( Levski ) have more potential. The stats of Kostadinov is to low.And it is only my opinion,but Giuseppe Rossi is not so good like in the game :p

I find that flattering people with faint praise is normally a fairly decent tactic when new to forums! :D :D

:D I like it, so don't worry ;)

okey i undestand for the golden boot.

But for reputation not.Only few players in Bulgaria are continental - berbatov,m.petrov, chavdar yankov

I really play very much FM and 24 years old Dimitar Makriev can`t be continental for sure ! But one player like israelian Toto Tamuz can.This is not normal.Also players like Branimir Kostadinov ( Hearts) and Nikolay Dimitorv ( Levski ) have more potential. The stats of Kostadinov is to low.And it is only my opinion,but Giuseppe Rossi is not so good like in the game :p

I think you problem is with the PA and CAs of players rather than potential. If this is the case, if you think that a player hasn't got the right PA or CA, then you need to post in the Data Issues Forum.

Archived