Help required

Hi, I had FM 2008 working fine on my windows vista home machine since i first bought the game when it was released, however the other week i had to do a full factory restart of my pc as it had some problems. This week when i re-installed fm08 it no longer works properly. When the game loads up the menu screen is completely white and unusable with the only words seen is load last game. Its driving me insane as i've re-installed many times and even updated my java etc but to no success.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Stephen

Try clearing the cache-

For Vista:

1- In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

2- Now browse to C:\Users\<username>\App Data\Roaming and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

Also make sure you are patched up to the 8.0.2 patch.

Yes I do.

For XP:

1- Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

2- Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

show off ;) love that knowlage canvey!!

To be honest, it's all FrazT. I took a look in the Support for PC Users forum for the problem posted. It can all be found in a search at the moment, but I'm sure after a while it will become total recall for me.

Archived