Club reputation, I don't understand?

How does this make sense?

After winning the Bundesliga for the 3rd season in a row, my reputation in Europe has taken a sharp decline, I've gone from 4* to 3.5*, maybe something to do with a disappointing cup run and being knocked out in the first round of the ECC this year. However in the European Club rankings I'm somehow now 16th, moving up 8 places which doesn't exactly match what my rep is saying. I guess the fact the Bundesliga has gone down to 3.5* might have something do with it but..

I then noticed that Leverkusen despite finishing 7th, 2nd and 8th in the past 3 seasons and only managing to finish 3rd in their champions league group in Europe this year are somehow stuck at 4*. :D Along with Bayern who've ended 3rd, 4th and 3rd in the past 3 seasons sitting at 4* but that might have more to do with previous success and a large reputation.

So why have I taken the decline and why is the game recognizing worse clubs as more reputable?

Reputation in this game just confuses me.

Reputation goes off a few things. Your teams performance in Europe, other teams performance in Europe and the overall quality of the league. Any of these can have a factor in the ratings for certain things.

Archived