Football Manager 2012 Performance

I got my laptop about a year ago, and it ran FM like a dream, even with multiple leagues and a large database, the best Ive ever experienced, the rating for Computer

Performance and Estimated Gamespeed always 5 star with up to 3 countries or so.

However, just recently the game has started running slowly, when I click on a player, it takes 3/4 seconds to load there profile, it used to be instant, I always watch 2D mmatch with fastest match speed which used to be smooth and flawless, it now sticks a lot and stutters.

Anybody any tips on how I could get my laptop back up to sratch again? I have ran Microsoft Security Essentials scan fully and I have no viruses, my laptop in general stillruns absolutely fine but struggles when it comes to FM12 now :(

System Specifications:

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHZ

6GB RAM

64 bit Operating System

700GB Hard Drive

any help would be greatly appreciated. The enjoyment level of FM is unmatched when it runs so smoothly.

Probably worth checking how many scout reports you have, there are instances of them not being automatically deleted after the 53 week mark which can stretch the demands placed on your RAM.

Another common issue relates to the add/remove league feature, if you've used this there is a chance that your player/staff database has grown to a size that FM is unable to efficiently handle.

The final cause could be what FrazT has eluded to, check your laptop to see if there are too many unnecessary programs running & that everything is up to date.

Archived