Serb/Croat - Non EU?

Yes, as they currently aren't part of the EU. In 2014 Croatia does become part of the EU in the game like it does in real life.

I thought it was in July 2013?

Any idea of the Serbian date?

Is there any way for me to check if they're available to play as EU players before my season starts?

For the record, I'm in 2019.

In 2016 if I remember correctly. The only way would be through the scouts' reports.

Is there any way for me to check if they're available to play as EU players before my season starts?

For the record, I'm in 2019.

Quickest way is probably going to offer for a Serbian player and then see if the game still mentions that you can only sign two non-EU players from abroad per season. If it doesn't they've joined.

I didn't know that Serbia joined ingame, nice to know for the future.

In 2016 if I remember correctly. The only way would be through the scouts' reports.

How do I check through a scout report on my own player? I'm looking at it and it doesn't say anything about eligibility.

How do I check through a scout report on my own player? I'm looking at it and it doesn't say anything about eligibility.

I mixed it with the possibility of getting the work permit. :(

Follow my advice. It works. To explain it better: Get to the menu where you can see the league table. Click 'Rules'. At 'Nation treated as EU' you'll have 'All European Union nations'. Click on European Union and you'll se the members list.

Might be, I only noticed that it happened ingame because a player who could only join when he became 18 didn't count towards my two all of a sudden. I immediately went and bought the best up and coming South American goalkeeper. :')

Check league rules. There will be a section with 'Players counted as EU' and there will be listed 'All European Union members'. Just click on European Union and there will be all the members listed.

Have honestly never noticed this in FM before! Shame the link isn't there for all leagues though, it's very useful considering some nations get added to the EU further in the game, so it isn't easily googleable.

Follow my advice. It works. To explain it better: Get to the menu where you can see the league table. Click 'Rules'. At 'Nation treated as EU' you'll have 'All European Union nations'. Click on European Union and you'll se the members list.

I've clicked on league table/rules and it doesn't say anything about Nation treated as EU.

Maybe I have to wait for the season to start.

Archived