Regens!

Im in around about 2021 with Barcelona, as i have mentioned in a different post lol, and ive got some great strikers, Artur Carlos, Pato and some others that will come to mind when i finished this no doubt.

Pato wasn't a regen obviously but i couldnt think of the others, but what are the chances of Artur Carlos appearing in my new game?

Is it random names in every game?

Im in around about 2021 with Barcelona, as i have mentioned in a different post lol, and ive got some great strikers, Artur Carlos, Pato and some others that will come to mind when i finished this no doubt.

Pato wasn't a regen obviously but i couldnt think of the others, but what are the chances of Artur Carlos appearing in my new game?

Is it random names in every game?

I don't think it's a coincidence i've had a few regens who i'm sure were real player regens.

In one of my games Berbatov retired and a Bulgarian player appeared called Tsvetan Dimitrov(name gives it away). He was an SC and was brilliant, also he had very similar stats to Berbatov. His average rating in his first season was 8.60 and he scored 40 goals. Surely not just a coincidence.

Also Henry retired and a French forward appeared called Thomas Michel appeared he was an SC and was awesome. He scored loads for me and got 3 hat-tricks in a row for france(seriously).

In my most recent game i've got a player called Valentyn Polishuk(Ukrainian), and he appeared just after Shevcenko retired. He is brilliant and again, scores loads of goals for club and country. Also they all won World Player Of the Year before they were 23.

There have been others that are suspicious but these are the ones o'm almost positive are real player regens.

In my saved game there are a fair number of new players names after singers which is a bit of a strange coincedence. For example, James Morrison and Enrique Iglesias. There's also a player called Brian Kerr and if I remember rightly he was Ireland manager sometime ago?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For example, James Morrison </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a regen... plays for west brom! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he!? lol oops my bad it's 'cause I'm in 2021 and hes moved clubs a few times icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garfunkel:

apparently that is false...new players (regens) are randomly generated players...sometimes by coincidence you may come across a striker who appears to be like a retired player however...it must be stressed that this is coincidence though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that is exactly how it works in the PSP game (PC game is different).

Do be aware though that while their playing characteristics will be similar their mental attributes may not - this is very important as Stan Collymore had as much talent imho as Gary Lineker ... just his temperament was a little different ...

(understatement of the year possibly? icon_wink.gif )

Archived