Football Manager 11 Issues

So in recent times I have been having problems with FM11. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times but it hasnt solved the problem. I am currently running it as 11.3.0 on Windows 7.

The problem is this: the game loads and runs fine, but on certain occasions the game freezes and takes minutes to move onto another screen. I cant remember exactly what the entire list is, but it definitely happens when I try to access the training screen for my club, and also the match preparation screen. The most annoying point of this is that it happens in every match I play - I submit my team, it moves to the match screen, and when I hit the button to progress to match analysis before I do my teamtalks the game hangs for about 3 minutes each and every match. Its very annoying, particularly as this problem developed recently and prior to that it ran fine.

Is this a known problem, and can I fix this?

It could be because you have issues with a lack of RAM...

If you've done a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling there could be a lot of left over files that'll slow up your machine. REVO uninstaller when you uninstall programs/games. Also CCleaner to remove unused files and registration files.

When you install FM, FM have installations on several places on your drive. The main installation is where the game is. The other parts contain save games, new graphics, tactics and so. Try to remove these as well - except your save off course :)

That's about all I have :)

Ok. I have tried updating my GFX card but i believe they are up to date. I do however have an odd "switchable graphics" thing on my laptop which could possibly be causing this? Im not sure though. I also run a 64bit O/S and this game shows as 32bit in the taskman. would that be an issue?

RAM should not be an issue as I have 6Gb currently. When I reinstalled I cleared both the cache and registry entry before I reinstalled it.

For comparison sake, I ran FM09 and it doesnt have the same issues as FM11.

Archived