FM 11 on 1.6 GHZ processor and 4GB of RAM.

Will it slow my computer down?

I'm not that bothered about whether it runs slowly, I just want to know if it'll slow my laptop down, as it's relatively quick right now.

I already have FM 08 installed, and that runs quickly, and hasn't slowed my laptop down at all...

Any help would be massively appreciated, Miles actually redirected me here when he couldn't answer :thup:

Then no, it shouldn't slow your computer down a huge amount. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as your hard drive space gets filled any computer/laptop starts to run a bit slower but since you'll have lots left it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If you want, install it and then defrag your system and do disc cleanup etc.

I have FM 08 installed right now, and quite a few programmes that I don't actually need, so I'll uninstall them and then install FM 11.

The main thing for me was just whether it was going to slow my system down when it wasn't running.

I'll install via the disc, as steam is massive and I can't be doing with having that.

Thanks a lot guys, really put my mind at ease. Why I love FM, people are always willing to help :)

Update: Uninstalled FM 08 and a couple of needless programs and installed FM 11.

Didn't work originally, as I did advanced setup and decided to turn down the directx update (DOH!) so uninstalled and reinstalled.

Works like an absolute dream; it's quick, it's crisp and it hasn't affected my laptop at all. Thanks a lot lads :)

Archived