12.2.2 update "game start date"

I'm on 12.2.2 on steam on a mac. As far as I know the update that includes the january transfer window was 12.2.0.

When I try to start a new game I can choose the default database or "12.2.0 update" which is what I would expect to happen.

The problem is with the game start date. When I select multiple leagues a get all sorts of start dates ranging from december 2010 to july 2011 to january 22012 in different leagues. When I chose only the english league as playable for example I only get july 2011.

Is this normal? should't i be able to choose january 2012/december 2011 for the english league for example? will the english league real life transfers

have taken place if I start in South Korea january 2012 (which is one of the few leagues with starting date after jan 2011)?

Am i doing something wrong? My apologies if this is a known issue/non issue. I have searched the forums and have not found anything of help

It's normal, if you choose MLS you have the choice of starting the game on the start of the 2011 season or on the start of the 2012 season, i normally choose the game start date accordingly to the country i'm gonna manage, for england, portugal or other european leagues i choose july 2011 for MLS i can choose july 2011 and get mid season, or start on the beggining of 2011 or the 2012 season. And the real life transfers dont happen, but sone clubs might buy or sell players from the leagues simulated to the date you choose to start the game. Don't worry it's normal.

I ran a little experiment just now, starting the game with the new database jan 2012 in finland. The january transfers are correct eg pizarro to city cisse qpr di matteo chelsea - but looking at the league tables they are not according to real life. for example arsenal is in the relegation zone(!) wolves is 6th etc.

This just seems counter intuitive for a january update. Can anyone else verify what Lusiano said? Thanks

Archived