Homegrown Status

So long as they are at your club before their 19th birthday they will become homegrown after 3 years.

This is not true, you have to sign the player so that he completes his first year with your team (generally on Jun 30th of that season) before he turns 19. If he turns 19 before his first year is finished, that means he'll already be 21 by the time his homegrown due date will be up. In real life the player is supposed to still get HG status even if he turns 21 during the season, but it still doesn't work like that in the game

I signed a player a week before his 19th birthday (January window) & he has a date set for when he will be considered as HG-Club.

As long as they only turn 21 on the 3rd season, the due date will still appear. However, when the due date passes they won't have club 15-21 HG status and they'll either get club 0-21 HG (which doesn't count for Europe HG rules) or just keep whatever HG status they already have. Like I mentioned in the previous post, they should be getting it according to RL rules, but the code/bug prevents them from getting it. Sorry to say that if your player is going to turn 21 before the due date, he won't be getting club 15-21 HG status. There's a bug post in the Other Issues Bug Forums that's talking about this if you want to go check it out.

I signed a player a week before his 19th birthday (January window) & he has a date set for when he will be considered as HG-Club.

Yes sure you do but that HG-status is a worthless status, as it only counts for domestic tournaments. If you want true HG status (blue HG club) his 18th birthday will have to be after the update the 25th of June, and he cannot have stayed more than two years at his previous club.

To show you what I mean, here is a screenshot of the homegrown status screen on June 13th, where 2 of my 21 year old players have due dates, followed by a screenshot on June 30th after the date where both players only have club 0-21 HG status which doesn't count for Europe

June 13th

June 30th

I know all about the bug & I also know that there is no uniformity as to what causes the 0-21 status to be assigned, tbh it doesn't matter if the lad gets HG 15-21 status as I have more than enough players to meet the requirements of EL/CL registration.

Archived