home or away?

I have got through to the 5th round of the FA cup as Sheff Weds and am wondering whether I would prefer a home or away tie in the next round against big opposition. If I am at home I should get high gate receipts but then would also have the expenditure of hosting the match. What financial gains would I get from an away tie?

The gate receipts are split 50-50 between the two teams regardless of where the game is played. I believe there are cases in real life where the small teams request the game to play at the prem team's grounds instead because of that reason. Being easier to win at home is I believe the only reason to want to play a game against the big guns at home rather than away, but of course, still pretty hard to win at home

If the match is selected for TV you get more money as the home team & assuming Hillsborough has not had its capacity reduced a full house at home should bring in a decent amount of gate revenue.

It's a 50/50 split until round 3 when it changes to 45% to each club & 10% to the competition pool, replays are 42.5% to each club, 10% to the competition poll & 5% to the FA.

This also changes when the match is Premier League vs Championship or lower, the Premier league side gets 40% & the other team gets 50%.

Archived