All going wrong

***Winge warning, Gripe ahead***. Anyone else get games where you find yourself 4-0 down after 20 minutes, seemingly regardless of the preparations you made before kick-off .e.g man mark (with my best marking CB) the player who subsequently scores a hattrick, asking FBs to closely mark and guide onto the wrong foot the wingers, who in acres of space, supplied the killer balls time after time or asking my midfielders to close down the players who go onto waltz through the middle of my defence unchallenged. Does it ever seem like you shouldn't ask someone to do something, as it only results in the certainty of the thing you wanted to avoid happening!

Anyone get this problem? Because I do a bit too often for it to be reasonable!!!

I never tweak my tactics to cope with an opposition, especially since the first time I tried it I ended up 3 down away to Liverpool in the CL icon_mad.gif I also stopped giving opposition instructions because it never seemed to work.

Originally posted by jedclough:

I think it has worked at times. It seems that there are some games where you concede after 2 minutes and you just think "ouch, this is going to sting!

I've managed to create a 4-2-4 esque tactic so i'm never too concerned about going behind. Adds to the excitement for me anyway.

The problem is, you are getting the instructions arse about face, and giving way too many of them.

Unless your FBs are faster than the opposition wingers, they will get left trailing on through balls when they push up marking the wingers.

Unless your DC is better than the striker he's marking, he will be run ragged.

Try balancing your team more generally to counter an opposition's threat, it will avoid your players being pulled out of position and opening up gaps in your defence as is probably happening now.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

The problem is, you are getting the instructions arse about face, and giving way too many of them.

Unless your FBs are faster than the opposition wingers, they will get left trailing on through balls when they push up marking the wingers.

Unless your DC is better than the striker he's marking, he will be run ragged.

Try balancing your team more generally to counter an opposition's threat, it will avoid your players being pulled out of position and opening up gaps in your defence as is probably happening now.

Thanks for the lecture on how to play the game mate. I was actually having a rant. I know how to play the game and I know what factors to take into account when setting up tactics. I was just fed up players seemingly doing the opposite of what I ask them.

sorry, I did go off on one a bit. You get so used to people assuming that you know nothing because you're asking something, it makes you touchy. I'm referring to those occasions when things just seem to go wrong despite your careful planning and you end up just thinking "why bother" Nomis says that he never gives Opposition instructions as it never seems to work. I agree, although it's not acceptable to have it in the game if ulitmately it's just cosmetic.

I would only tend to give opposition instructions rarely, and only one or two. I have a feeling (but obviously can't prove) that you get penalised for setting too many. One that I find does work is closing down an opposition player that 'dwells on ball'.

It's not the best feature of the game, and probably needs looking at at some stage, I'm agreed with you on that.

ive said before that it feels like a contradiction at times if you have a zonal based marking system for instance then what is the point of having oi,your player has 1 zone to look after it stands to reason that once the opposition enter his zone he is going to confront that player.i have stopped giving oi as it seems that nothing happens when i do espacially against arsenal whatever i try to do they just rip me apart.

Archived