database size

hi, want to keep my next db size down, i've previously played with 228,000 players loaded, far too many and unnecessary.

i only ever buy players/hire staff from 7-8 countries so don't really need to load those from elsewhere.

HOW do i ensure all the "useful" (suitable for mid-table prem, or have potential 140+) players are loaded? seems there are 3 ways to control the size of the db, but i dont know what loads what:

-leagues. obviously would load full squads of top division teams in my favoured country, but game would be slower running all those leagues

-db size: large gives you more players than small, obviously

-all players from X country. would load those of a lower level, not needed really.

i LIKE to find gems, players that aren't yet even on the radar of prem teams, big euro clubs IRL. so i DO like to have a fair bit of a db to scan.

also, looks like my RL team could be headed down to the championship at this rate, so my sights might end up being set a little lower, but 140 is usually my PA cut off.

what kinda DB should i try to create to ensure i have basically the whole 1st team squad of all top division teams in france, germany, spain, portugal, denmark, brazil, holland, belgium?

thanks, neil

Loading all "top division players" from Europe and South America is what you are looking for. You don´t need to have the leagues as playable to get the players.

I have

playable : England 1-3, Germany 1+2, Spain 1+2, Italy, France, Netherland, Russia

view only : some 15 more european countries + brazil and argentina

add players from (custom DB size option on the start screen !):

- all international players Europe, South America, Asia, North America

- all top division players from europe and brazil/Argentina

- all players from top clubs asia/south america

DB size is about 65k to start the game and has stayed pretty constant the first 3 seasons.

didnt know could load all "top division players" from countries, that'll do me probably.

i want to get it down to 50000 from 228000 tbh.

what effect does small/med/lge database have? shame this isnt explained anywhere, i want to know EXACTLY what i could get, but am happy i know my targets, both staff and players, come from div1 in brazil, denmark, spain, port., england (championship too but am playing english league), france, germany, holland, belgium. that's all i'll need. the only argentinian players i've seen are playing in europe or brazil.

hmmm, might add mex. div 1 too....

Archived