Belarus league

I'm in my 10th season at Dinamo Minsk. I find it quite enjoyable but, due to being a big team, the league is quite easy. My aim is to win the CL with them but I'm failing at the moment as I can't get out of the group stages. There are foreign player restrictions in place so if you do go try and improve your youth set up to get better players coming through your ranks.

Yeah I see in the second division you can't have any foreign players and only 5 in the top division just fancy somewhere different had a save with mlada boleslav on fm2011 and made them the power house of the Czech league so will be looking to do the same here have my eye on FC polotk as they have a decent looking 18 year old or FC ****sk just for the name

I'm also playing Dynamo Minsk from less than two seasons (I started at the end of 2013). I have an ambition to be a leading club in the region (Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, etc.)

The League is interesting, master 2013 - Neman Grodno in next season only at the three rounds before the end secured to maintain ;) The only thing that irritates me is that I get tired at the stadium with a capacity of 4000 and FK Minsk, which almost no fans plays at the National Stadium (40 000 seats).

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Belarus too at the moment. Took on FC Smorgon. Managed to get promoted at the end of the second season.

Really struggling in the top division and rooted to the bottom. Have no money and had to buy every player in on a free transfer. Hoping i can stay up but I think I might have to yo-yo if the board allows me to.

I have found it easy enough to get stadium increases and even a new stadium. Just takes a few years of group stage CL football to get a bit of cash in. I currently play in a 49000 stadium (which we fill) and are in the middle of another 15000 increase.

the problem though is that the ticket prices are miniscule, so even with increases you´ll never get much in terms of gate receipts.

I just managed 3 seasons at BATE from 2013 to the end of 2015 before moving to Feyenoord, had some good youngsters come through and found it quite easy to fill the foreign spots with quality young players. Got a bit lucky at the start that Skavysh was still there and massive (scored 25 continental goals in 3 seasons and 75 league goals, got sold just after i left for 12 mio to PSG) and i also bought back Sergey Krivets to manage my midfield a young slovenian called Beric up front. Plus i got immensely lucky getting Dzagoev on a free transfer (sold him before my last season for 5 mio).

Anyway, the league was definitely pretty easy, especially since the other teams had so much turnover of players. Weirdly i had my most dominant season after selling Dzagoev and Beric. I managed to get out the group stage each year, first year Europa League (season before i arrived they finished 3rd) and then twice in the CL. Didn´t stand a chance in the first knockout round.

It´s also tricky because your team goes on winter break after the last group stage game and you´ll have to schedule friendlies before the knockout stages to get them match fit again.

p.s. my best youth player : http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Mario84/Bykov.jpg (was allready at the club when i took over, now couldn´t resist taking him with me to Feyenoord)

• 5 months later...

Decided to start a new game in Belarus before FM 13 comes out.

Opted for First Division Volna Pinsk who are predicted to avoid relegation.

With no transfer budget and £2.1K wage budget which was already taken up

Released several players bringing in only a handful of freebies and a loan, currently over my budget by about £15 p/w with only 17 squad players. Gambling on quality over quantity and hoping that we don’t have a large amount of injuries at any given time. Backfired initially with only affording 1 GK who missed the first 3 games and only being able to play 4-5 subs thus far!

However we are currently sitting 1st after 3 wins and 2 draws, playing some decent football scoring 13 and conceding just 4. Belcard are only 1 point behind me and look like the team to beat, maybe promotion is a possibility this season after all!

Archived