Scouting

I think the current scouting system is very flawed; countless times have I signed a player who I think will be good enough for a team, but the scout disagrees, and the player goes on to perform consistently well. I think this is because scouts use a player's CA/PA to determine whether he's good enough or not, rather than his spread of stats. For example my scout will rate someone with a PA of 180+ but a poor spread of stats higher than a player with a PA of, say, 165 and a good spread. Will this be improved in future versions do you think?

We should be able to ask a scout for a player's star ratings for a specific position/role. Once a player is on your roster you can ask your assman for these (but only for different positions), but would be great if we could include roles too. I think it's rare that you sign a player without having a specific vision for how you want to use him. Right now, I have to have a browser open on a web page that describes all the valuable attributes for a given position/role and have to eyeball it manually. Kind of annoying.

But would it not be an improvement if a player was rated on his stats/his potential stats rather than his CA/PA?

They are almost the same thing, but i think what your looking for is a far more accurate scouting report, i would definitely disagree with that, as it stands you know too much about a player too quickly, and scout reports give far too much away. I would like to see them changed, but honestly not sure how.

Archived