How to raise maximum salary available to offer?

Is there a simple way to raise the maximum salary I can offer a player? I'm playing as FC Porto and am about $4.5m per year under my payroll budget, but I can't offer players a salary of above $1.5m, even though I have other players at my club making as much as $5.75m... Any ideas? There aren't many quality players willing to play for the wages I can offer.

if you go to the boardroom there is an "Edit Budgets" button that let's you move transfer funds to the payroll budget and vise versa

I've done that... even if I free up a ton of funds, It won't let me sign all/most of it on one player. The board will let me sign three players at $1.5m per year, but not one player for $2m, $3m, or more even though I have the space in my salary budget.

Your board will insist you stay within a certain wage structure so if you have a wage budget of say £1m per annum they will not allow you to spend £200,000 of that on one player. If they did wages would soon spiral out of control as new signings will be looking at the highest earner as a benchmark for what the club is willing to pay as will current players who are looking for a new contract.

Archived