FM 2012 tactics explained and hints and tips

Ive recently got FM2012 and its the first FM ive played since FM2009. Ive started a save with spurs and after an a very good start the team are struggling so I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any links that explain the tactics in this game, and give hints and tips on tactics and how to set up your side. This game is very different to FM09 Im missing the arrows and I realy dont know what to do to adjust things during a match.

There weren't any arrows in FM09. What ones there were simply represented forward runs. You can get those back by converting your tactics to classic tactics.

I have three pieces of simple sounding advice:

1) Choose a formation that is both sensible (a good sign is if it is commonly used irl) and fits your players.

2) Read up about what each role does and assign your players roles that fit them

3) Read a few threads on match strategy and adapting your tactics to fit the situation.

There weren't any arrows in FM09. What ones there were simply represented forward runs. You can get those back by converting your tactics to classic tactics.

I have three pieces of simple sounding advice:

1) Choose a formation that is both sensible (a good sign is if it is commonly used irl) and fits your players.

2) Read up about what each role does and assign your players roles that fit them

3) Read a few threads on match strategy and adapting your tactics to fit the situation.

Thanks How do i convert my tactic to classic tactics? If i do this do the arrows work the same as FM09?

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion - this is the best forum to look at.

When I get each new iteration of FM I start with a reloadable save, where I constantly replay a friendly against my reserves to allow me to understand the mechanisms and create a style of football close to what I want to achieve. I then save this, and start my proper game. This just gives me a base to work from. I can then make adjustments during the course of the season.

Archived