Small suggestion for FM13: separate crossing from passing.

I just want to suggest that crossing should be separated from passing. At the moment I know there are separate bars for passing and crossing in the tactics screen, but you will see that a player will rarely cross if the passing is set to short. So you are forced to push the passing bar to long and crossing to often as well.

I think its true that even inside forwards who dribble aggressively and mostly play short passes will happily cross the ball to the box if given a good opportunity.

In the current ME this is not quite represently realistically. You either have a crossing winger or a short passing inside forward but its near impossible to have both combined.

Also for the fullbacks currently if you want them to cross a lot you do the same thing with passing and crossing bars. That will make them cross properly sometimes but also to kick the ball to the random middle and lose possession even before reaching the half way line. All because ME does not recognise crossing as a separate form of tactical instruction.

So please make crossing independent of passing.

I just want to suggest that crossing should be separated from passing. At the moment I know there are separate bars for passing and crossing in the tactics screen, but you will see that a player will rarely cross if the passing is set to short. So you are forced to push the passing bar to long and crossing to often as well.

I think its true that even inside forwards who dribble aggressively and mostly play short passes will happily cross the ball to the box if given a good opportunity.

In the current ME this is not quite represently realistically. You either have a crossing winger or a short passing inside forward but its near impossible to have both combined.

Also for the fullbacks currently if you want them to cross a lot you do the same thing with passing and crossing bars. That will make them cross properly sometimes but also to kick the ball to the random middle and lose possession even before reaching the half way line. All because ME does not recognise crossing as a separate form of tactical instruction.

So please make crossing independent of passing.

I dont follow, my wingers will cross even when playing a shorter passing game. Unless I'm missing something i dont see the correlation.

Completely agree with this. I think what he's trying to say is wide players are reluctant to cross the ball when passing is set to short even if they have cross ball set to often. This is even more of a pain when using more disciplined creative freedom, my players get into wide areas, dally on the ball and end up playing it backwards or lose possession to the oncoming full back.

I dont follow, my wingers will cross even when playing a shorter passing game. Unless I'm missing something i dont see the correlation.

Have you tried setting your wingers individual instruction to pass short and cross often? The passing instruction often overrides the crossing instruction. And having lots of creative freedom doesn't count. Because that relies on the intelligence of the players.

Crossing in FM is just poor in general - the "drill crosses" and "float crosses" option basically equates to "drill very low" and "drill slightly higher", making target men all but redundant.

I've noticed this problem as well chochip, and the only solution I've found is to increase creative freedom - which as you said is just bypassing the problem by using player intelligence.

The most elegant solution would be crossing-related PPM's; something like "puts ball into box often" that would cause the player to try crosses regardless of his passing setting.

Archived