Affiliate team

For securing work permit, how does it work? So far I've only manage an english club, but as far as I know you can only appeal once if a wp not given and if it's still not given then the deal just can't be done... Does having this kind of affiliate team give an option to send the player there to get WP immediately after contract accepted even if WP can't get through?

Not sure buddy. I have been trying for ages to get an affiliate team for my newly promoted Wycombe side, the board agrees with me but i never get a team given to me. This has also happened with a previous Spurs save as well were the board agrees but i never get one not sure if it's a bug or not.

That's weird... I've gotten 3 affiliate teams so far, in all cases they'd give the option to choose a team within... I think a week... there are 2 choices when you ask for an affiliate, one is for the board to pick the teams and present you with the options, another one if you've been in the team long enough (I got the option on my 2nd year) you can choose the team yourself... in this case you actually have to pick a team and then let the board know about your choice... Maybe you choose to pick it yourself without realizing it and wait for the board giving you the team options when you're the one that suppose to give them an option?

To obtain a WP via an affiliate team, the player in question has to gain EU citizenship.

So, you have to send the player on loan for at least 3 years (this is the case of Belgium I guess and may differ for other countries) for him to obtain the citizenship. Now, with the EU citizenship he will not need a WP anymore.

You could also try asking for a affliate with a good youth system. Some of them come from EU nations like croatia which is a 2 year work permit country. I was lucky enough to get a croatian affiliate as my first one on my current save and never needed a regular wp one--although I didn't realize that right away.

A different twist on affiliate clubs

I have no problem getting a affiliate but I cant see how to send a player to them.

I have tried before during and at the end of a season and cant see how to send a player to them.

Right-click on the player -> Squad -> Move to affiliate.

This can be done only during the transfer window.

Thanks for that but I am in the preseason transfer window and it doesn't give me that option

Archived