Really struggling to get into a new game

Ive started about 3/4 new games in the last few days and manage about a season and just get bored, I hate to join in with the 'wheres the patch?' brigade but I hope its here soon!

Although ive not really got the inclination to carry them on, I have enjoyed starting with teams I dont usually consider, started with Glentoran in NI last night and it was quite different, Im thinking I might give MLS a try next.

Ideally, I would like to start with a load of regens, but the 'start with fake players' option isnt really random enough to make it fun!

I don't even try and start a new game while update is awaited. I'm just waiting for the update and then begin my career game. It might take me a week or so to do a season, and I prefer to have it up date when starting - and as SI seem to say it is best to start a new game to ensure all benefits.

I did read on other threads that some mods or Sega people have said the update will be released as normal around mid March - despite last year's release being 8 March and the year before being 1 March, and even in February before that. I honestly find all the "where's the patch" threads and the "out when its out" replies to be equally unhelpful and silly.

So, presumably like you Rimm, I hope it is out soon and that it will be a good success - whenever that may be! I'm not holding my breath though!

I don't really understand the 'wait for the patch' approach here. Is there something specific wrong with the game that you need fixed before starting a game? Is it just the database update your waiting for?

Just like to have it upto date when starting and also, I believe SI have said in the past that whereas most changes are save game compatible, it is best start a new game to ensure all benefits. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe it also sometimes depends on your chosen club's transfer activity in January?

There are plenty who continue their games and don't wait for the update. I, however, prefer to wait for the final update.

Archived