Release all players

many FM's ago it was suggested that if you released all players it was like a cheat to get large quantities of cash and good regens... i thought what the harm i will give it a go.

well i was amazed at the results........... my poor processor decided it could cope no more and became bereft of life.

sadly the motherboard was quite old too so had to rebuild the pc with a new one of each. Now it could of been a coinsidence and it was going to pass onto its maker at the moment in time in any case.

There are a couple of threads on this in the Editors Hideaway - in short, no the AI is not very good at squad building and typically it takes a couple of seasons for the AI to have full size squads.

Bizarrely Blackburn always seem remarkably good at squad building and tend to hire the entire England squad!!!

Search for Equilibrium Database if you want to have a look for yourselves

I found if the release happens properly, ie, all wage budgets are reset too (rather than just keeping the "remaining" wage budgets from the beginning of the original game) the bigger teams do sign a lot of the best players and end up dominating. It's the mid-range teams where everything is up in the air. Teams like Villa and Sunderland end up on the same footing as Norwich and Swansea.

Archived