be carefull of what you wish for...

started a new game unemployed automatic experience.

just over half way into the season i get offered the Droylsden job.

on the same day i signed i then confirmed and completed the signing of a welsh 16 year old defender.

the club where rock bottom and we survived...

i signed another young center half who was 17.

we won the BSN.

half way through the first season in the BSP, we where 9 points off the playoffs and our lads where shattered, we where £243,000 in the red. i asked and begged the board for more money to strengthen and wage. all to a big fat NO. at this point i wanted the chairmen out. the wolves offered £400,000 for that welsh center half, who was 17, with a welsh cap under his name (his stats are unbelieveable) the board didnt intervene and i was allowed to reject. then west ham, offered £450,000 for my other centre half , chairman said no.................then the message, the chairman has undergon talks with local businessman over the take over of droylsden with the promise of big money to spend.............. the club at the time now in league two, 12th getting sell out crowds each week, and making a slight profit after expenditures. the takeover complete, the chairmen says theres no new investment at this time.. the club has taken out a loan of £900,000 over 30 years. i thought was unessary, then huddersfield offered £180,000 for one center half and £210,000 for the other, and my new chairman was all to happy to sell up

Ouch. Sounds like you got you very own cowboy in charge. When at lower clubs, I always set high asking fees on my players. Scares off most teams and if people put the bid in, it's an offer I'm happy to accept.

900k over 30 years isn't too bad a loan. It would have cleared your debt.

And when you do agree to sell your players I pretty much always put in a sell on clause so if they make it big or something and they get a decent price for him you will get a piece of it. If not then the clause will scare them off and your free to continue playing with your little gem

when playing as a lower league team you almost have to become a selling club especially if your club is in the red...set high asking prices and sell if a decent offer come's in.. even if you have no replacement for the player set the transfer to go ahead at the end off the season and add clauses such as 20% of profit etc... plus there be always good if not better player out there you could replace the play with for less or even free...

Archived