How do I stop Steam from updating my FM12?

I am currently involved in a very good save and for the sake of my potential long term save and even more so tactic(s) I would not want a new update to come along and put this in jeopardy. I would like to be able to read the changelist for the update first and then peoples comments on whether or not it has had a major change in the ME to see if it is going to ruin my save what not. I finally have a tactic which suits me and my players and basically don’t want it to stop! I also don’t really care too much about the data update anyway. Infact, generally, I am happy with the current patch and see no reason to change for myself – if it isn’t broke don’t fix!

I see in steam properties you can tick whether or not to update it, however, I notice whenever I go back to this it always goes back to default settings and if it remains like that will update whether I like it or not.

Could somebody (ideally at SI) please explain how I can stop my game from updating automatically and decide at my own will??

Set your steam account to be in offline mode. You are asked when you start the game if you want to go online ( and therefore update )- decline this and you will continue with your current version till you decide to go back online.

Much appreciated FrazT

Archived