merchandising money

Just curious if anyone could answer this, i have 2 merchandising feeder links, one from america and one from Japan, i remember from the older verisions when you got big players from the nations of your feeders. it gave you a big merchandising increase, does this even work in fm 2012, and how big of an effect is it? I signed a american player who has continental rep and hes pretty good, costs 3.3million a year contract, but i found 2-3 others, they are decent but not amazing, would it be worth just signing them for about 2million a year contracts? At the moment i make 32million a year from merchandising. The year before, (got the american) i was making 29million but inbetween i did win prem and champs league..hope someone has the answer, the team i'm at money is starting to become a issue, have to sell players to keep up bank balance :/

It depends on your rep i think and if the other team has a feeder already, i noticed that about 6 years into the game, Cant get any feeder clubs, i checked the profile of a few teams, pretty much every team has a feeder club with someone lol (i mean usa/japan/china) so i dont think they do 2 unless this is a bug(?)

• 1 month later...

upz for this thread

I too wonder the same, let's say i have an american feeder club and i get in landon donovan, cost a whooping 7m to 10m, will i generate more merchandising sales and up my yearly merchandising take in, but i doubt i will generate so much more access, of 7m plus his wages and stuff?

and when i have a 2nd feeder, lets say a japan feeder, and i sign honda, another whooping 10m, i am not sure if its worth it.

Archived