Issue with rolling save games

Well, I guess I had it coming since my laptop has been unstable since I installed FM2012 and Steam. Don't know if it's correlated but that's another issue.

Anyways, I was saving my game when I had another lock-up. While the size of the save game seems normal (152 Mb) it doesn't load. 1 second after selecting the save game I get a message box "Unable to load save game".

No problem I thought since I work with rolling save games , 3 files, each month. Alas, apparently when you save the game within that month, the rolling save games just stay where they are. Consequence: while I'm well in January 2017, having reached 1st Knockout phase of Europa League and semi-finals of the domestic cup with a team that was in 2nd division when I started, the furthtest I get with one of the rolling save games is halfway last season! :s

Maybe a tip for the future: have FM detect how long ago it was one of the back-up saves (cause that is what those rolling save games are basically) has been made and overwrite them at a certain stage OR when someone succesfully saves his game, have it write over one of the rolling save games...

you could change your auto-save to weekly and if it happened again you would only miss a couple of games max.

Not if you manually save a lot, but I agree it would probably have set me back only a few months instead of almost a full season. The disadvantage with this is that it makes the game even SLOWER and that isn't an experience I look forward to.

Archived