Football Manager 2011

Hi, I recently purchased FM-11 to see if i liked it (was only a fiver) before i bought FM-2012, I have never played any Managerial games before so this was purely to see if i would enjoy it, so far so good and slowly starting to take it all in and trying to get my head around it all, BUT was just wondering if there is or would be any future updates for this game to be updated to more recent seasons with player updates etc, or will FM-11 only go so far until you have to purchase the new release 2012 release? any ideas, let me know :)

SI official patches go up to the January transfer window for FM11 but no further.

There are unofficial summer transfer databases available via fan sites and this page will show you some of the most popular:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2011-summer-transfer-updates.html

I use Metal Guitarists update and it is very good as I don't want to buy FM12 so it is a nice update to FM11 and keeps the game a bit fresh.

Thanks for your reply, does it matter that my bought copy is through STEAM? as they say that downloading additional patches can cause system errors, and could you explain what Metal Guitarist is please, I'm totally new to all of this and not played any games since the days of the Mega Drive :lol:

Downloaded MG's update but struggling to install it, when i look in my fb manager folder i cant see a, editor data folder to place it in? any ideas

On a fresh install it may not be there automatically as i believe its usually created when you run the editor (or create/edit stuff in it) that comes with the game - just create the folder yourself manually

I have 2 folders one in my documents that says football manager and then another one in program files under steam and the main program is in there with all of its associated files, which folder do i need to make this new folder in to place the MG updates in?? not sure making a folder and calling editor data is going to makes it work, i could be wrong!??

Thanks for your reply, does it matter that my bought copy is through STEAM? as they say that downloading additional patches can cause system errors, and could you explain what Metal Guitarist is please, I'm totally new to all of this and not played any games since the days of the Mega Drive :lol:

Your not downloading a patch, you are downloading a database.

I have 2 folders one in my documents that says football manager and then another one in program files under steam and the main program is in there with all of its associated files, which folder do i need to make this new folder in to place the MG updates in?? not sure making a folder and calling editor data is going to makes it work, i could be wrong!??

The one in my documents. The directiry should be something like My documents/sports interactive/football manager. Create the folder there called editor data and then stick the file you dl'd in there.

Then start up fm and when you click start a new game make sure to tick the file when on the database select menu

One final thing, i rarely see players head shots that are faces just silhouettes, anyone know if this is right, only the odd player every know and then

Not all of the leagues/teams/players pictures are officially licensed so only those that are will be in the game (pictures, logos, etc). There's many a download available with facepacks and logo-packs etc on the forum elsewhere, and on other sites (sortitoutsi.net etc)

Archived