Player PA interaction

I've never quite fully understood how a player's PA is fulfilled attribute wise... For example, I have players who have pretty awful stats but have massive potential ability, is it worth signing these players if there stats are that awful? For example, a striker with finishing of 6 and composure of 9, at the age of 16 with CA of let's say... 90, but PA of 195, would his finishing and composure ever hit 16+ each without individual training?

Thanks, I've never quite understood the best way to develop a youngster's attributes, just playing games helps and specific training regimes, if anyone has an article (I'm sure there's alot handy, however I'm lazy) which I could read to understand more, it would be appreciated

Cleon's SI Sports Centre and SFraser's thread are good starts.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-All-You-Need-To-Know-About-FM

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275644-The-SFraser-Memorial-Thread-Links-to-all-the-discussions-and-guides.

in your question, no its highly unlikely that player will reach his potential, making up 100 ca points in a career would be very difficult if not impossible. But using the guides i linked you could get him up to a good enough level.

I think 50-60 CA points (3-3,5 stars?) is realistic. Only those youngsters who come into existence as model professionals, perfectionists and other good personalities will have a chance at more in my experience.

In your example such a player will probably end up as a good or leading Premier League player. A useful mind-trick is to visualize his stats with +4 in all the relevant technical attributes, +3 in the mental and +5 in the physical. They can (and often do) of course improve more than that with the right training strategies, but I believe that is better considered a bonus.

Match experience at a high enough level is of course also an important factor. The same could be said about avoiding long injuries and playing well (above 7.0 av.r). The problem is that players with very poor starting attributes will struggle playing well and there will be fewer matches where they could perform well compared to a higher CA youngster. So they have both a longer way to go and will develop at a slower pace than their more first-team-ready youth teammates.

Archived