Most laughable job offer ever - Liverpool to Man Utd? I don't think so!

So I won the league in the second season (on my World League database) with Liverpool. Man Utd have a takeover, sack Ferguson and approach me.

I've got Liverpool as my favourite club, they are massive rivals, do the Man Utd board really think I would go there? And would their fans actually be happy that they approached me in the first place?

Naturally I reject the offer, but there was no fallout whatsoever. Surely there should be some kind of fan reaction from both sides? Liverpool fans should of course be happy that the first manager to win them the league in 22 years is staying, but also should send some kind of taunt towards Man Utd fans, who themselves should be livid with their board for even approaching the manager of their great rivals. But no, there was no reaction at all from the fans or even any press conference questions to me about it. They would rather ask repetitive questions about my new 17 year old signing from Denmark.

I know SI are trying to get the media into the game more and more, but at the moment it's still pretty poor in terms of realism.

i agree, there should have been some mention of it in your game.

i do like the fact that fans get angry when coaches say they want to join other clubs.

i put in a couple of job adverts and i got a response from a Man City coach. the next news article said 'the man city fans want 'coach names' head' !

whether its just a piece of text or whether it makes any noticeable difference in the long run,though, i dont know.

i agree, there should have been some mention of it in your game.

i do like the fact that fans get angry when coaches say they want to join other clubs.

i put in a couple of job adverts and i got a response from a Man City coach. the next news article said 'the man city fans want 'coach names' head' !

whether its just a piece of text or whether it makes any noticeable difference in the long run,though, i dont know.

I suppose if I had expressed interest then the Liverpool fans would have wanted my head on a plate, but it doesn't happen the other way around. I'd like to see more fans questioning the choices / wanting the heads of board members/chairmen, like they seem to more and more IRL.

I actually don't like this, since when have fans been up in arms about a coach or scout moving clubs? I'd hazard a guess that a good number of fans couldn't even tell you who the coaches at their club are.

I actually don't like this, since when have fans been up in arms about a coach or scout moving clubs? I'd hazard a guess that a good number of fans couldn't even tell you who the coaches at their club are.

the news message does state that the coach 'publicly' shows interest in job. i suppose if a Man City or Spurs Coach (both happened in my game last night) publicly said they'd like to join Liverpool, the fans would question that coaches commitment to their current clubs cause. doesn't happen all the time in FM though.

It would depend... Manchester City have former Manchester United player Brian Kidd as their assistant, while Manchester United's goalkeeping coach Eric Steele was once goalkeeper coach for Manchester City. While there were some annoyed murmurs when Kidd joined City, I don't think anyone really cared when Steele joined United.

Archived