best way to find regens

I have a scout scouting every countries youth league I have loaded. It is also worth keeping a very close eye on the Under-18's international squads, I have found a few class newgens in the Ivory Coast, French and Argentinian squads. It can also be worth searching for all players under 16 and looking at the highest value ones.

yes i agree, check countries u19 teams.

i found a very very good centre back in the USA checking olympic team in some development league so would never have looked there.

sometimes your scouts and recommended players via backroom advice pick tem up as well.

for scouting.

set age maximum 18 (lowest you can go)

set potential to 4-5 stars

If you have good scouting knowledge, set the player search filter to age 17 or lower and then click on Determination. There will often be a number of players with 20-17 Determination and very good personalities. Scout the most promising ones. These guys will all reach their potential without the need of Tutoring, which quite frankly has nowhere near the success-rate it did in FM11.

Get your scouting knowledge up first by hiring as many scouts as possible and sending them to gain knowledge of places you are interested in.

Then go to the the player search and filter by age to 'at most 20'. Sort by value and scout as many of the highly valued players as you can.

Once the reports are all in, sort by PA/CA stars and scout the ones with high PA and reasonable CA again. Remove the rest from your shortlist.

Once those come back, remove the ones with lower PA/CA as before and you should have a decent shortlist. Go through and remove all the players who do not have natural positions you use or have glaring gaps in their attributes.

You should be left with a small list so get your best scout to scout them all again, twice if possible. This should leave you some great signings.

Archived