Offered a New Job

I'm ploughing away with Arsenal, and am about to enter my fourth season with previous finishes of 4th, 4th, and now 5th - although I have won the Champion's League twice and the FA Cup once. As I have just failed to qualify for the Champion's League for next season the board are obviously a bit frosty with me. I've just been offered the job at Barcelona. Is there some option to declare a press conference and announce that I am fully prepared to walk away from the biggest club in the world in favor of seeing the project through at Arsenal and maybe curry some favor with the board and disappointed fans?

I don't know what triggers it, but every now and again you'll get a news item saying you're favourite for a job position and you'll have the option to deny interest, refuse to comment, or declare interest. I've had 2 or 3 of the same item regarding different clubs and the board heap praise on me each time I deny interest. Like I said though, I don't know what triggers it. Most of the time I don't have any option to say anything at all. Maybe it's because I'm currently in pre-season?

It it's clear you're their first choice before they offer you a job, then you'll get the 'bla bla, linked to bla bla' then you can deny interest, say you're interested, or not comment, like giggs said. Thats the best you can get from it. After that I'd imagine that rejected the job offer would get you on their side.

Archived