[iOS] Player roles

I've been recently wondering about the player roles in iOS and the individual player instructions in PSP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the player roles are just a pre-set of individual player instructions. If so, there's any chance to know which individual player instructions are inbuilt in each role?

• SI Staff
I've been recently wondering about the player roles in iOS and the individual player instructions in PSP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the player roles are just a pre-set of individual player instructions. If so, there's any chance to know which individual player instructions are inbuilt in each role?

The roles aren't just the player instructions - in some cases they also set a 'secondary position' for the player to encourage movement either defensively or for attacks.

For instance a Wingback role sets a player to have specific instructions but also will mean that he is given a 'secondary position' which is slightly more advanced than his visible one - this encourages him to get forward during attacks.

I've avoided going into the 'details' of how these are done previously simply because the intent of FMHi is to keep things simplified and intuitive and I don't really want to encourage users thinking beneath the level of how they might about a 'real' football match.

(but if people really want to know I'll rummage up the info at some point for you)

I really want to know :)

So, when you mean a 'secondary position', let's take the wing back case. If I have a DR, for example, and set his role as wing back, does it mean that his 2nd position is DMR? And if I have a DMR set as wingback, his 2nd position would be MR?

Well, I could ask tons of things like this, so I think it would be better if you 'rummage up' the info first :p

Marc, I think it would be highly beneficial if you could explain to us what each player role means and the qualities needed to perform proficiently in that role. I look at these roles but I don't understand how this can impact my tactics and therefore change the way my players/team performs.

• SI Staff
Well, I could ask tons of things like this, so I think it would be better if you 'rummage up' the info first :p

I'll see what I can do - might take a while to rummage out from the code and translate into English but I'll try and post more information later this week.

Archived