Oh my daaaaaaaaays!

Hi there,

I'm playing with Spurs and the Possession and the ammount of passes per game from my team is pretty poor. I also have problems creating too many chances per game.

I'm playing a 4-3-2-1.

Advanced Playmaker in the middle(Support) Wide Midfielder on the left(Support) Winger on the right(Attack/Support)

Treqaurtista(Attack) Inside Forward(Attack)

Poacher(Attack)

I play with a Rigid, balanced with all my players other than my AP set to short passing(Up just 2).

The Tempo, defensive line and width are all set to normal, bang in the middle whilist time wasting is set to rarely, the bottom one.

I've set alot of my team to start playing a simple passing game, especially my back 4.

My defenders will usually pull of around 40 passes a game, whilst the rest are really poor.

Any advice on how to get a much higher ammount of passes per game and more possession, whilst still creating ccc?

I've looked around the other threads, but cant seem to understand it tbh. So i'm looking for a more simple but detailed response.

If anyone can help that'd be great, thanks.

From what I can see you haven't got any players to win/hold the ball/play from deep. Personally with two AMC's and one upfront I'd have three MC's. If not either way I'd change your advanced playmaker to a deep-lying playermaker(defend).

I could be talking alot of cobbles though.

As above when your team gets possession your front three are all running forward (away from the ball) so they are not available for passes leaving other players isolated.

You need to work on your tactics so that more players are available to receive the ball in advanced positions.

The most fluid football I ever produced was actually all the midfield, fullbacks on support roles and relying on the players intelligence to get himself in the right positions. Does need players that have high work rate tho as lazy players will often not track back when not in possession.

Archived