Brick wall

I am now in my 8th season with Oxford, started in the Blue square and progressed to div 1. Been in div 1 now for the 4th season and progressing slowly until this season. Got £10mill in the bank and all my first team have 7 star rated players. I just can't seem to get challenging for promotion this time. Highest position was 9th but this season seem to be going backward with better players than I had last season, currently 17th place. Do teams like this don't progress any further or am I not tweaking the tactics, training etc well enough. Or is it that I do not have good enough players yet. This is starting to get frustrating.

I am now in my 8th season with Oxford, started in the Blue square and progressed to div 1. Been in div 1 now for the 4th season and progressing slowly until this season. Got £10mill in the bank and all my first team have 7 star rated players. I just can't seem to get challenging for promotion this time. Highest position was 9th but this season seem to be going backward with better players than I had last season, currently 17th place. Do teams like this don't progress any further or am I not tweaking the tactics, training etc well enough. Or is it that I do not have good enough players yet. This is starting to get frustrating.

Best ask in the Oxford team thread in the GPTG. The Oxford thread is quite popular.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am now in my 8th season with Oxford, started in the Blue square and progressed to div 1. Been in div 1 now for the 4th season and progressing slowly until this season. Got £10mill in the bank and all my first team have 7 star rated players. I just can't seem to get challenging for promotion this time. Highest position was 9th but this season seem to be going backward with better players than I had last season, currently 17th place. Do teams like this don't progress any further or am I not tweaking the tactics, training etc well enough. Or is it that I do not have good enough players yet. This is starting to get frustrating.

Best ask in the Oxford team thread in the GPTG. The Oxford thread is quite popular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH, not much point if he's in his 8th season. Everyone will be talking about who should be brought in to strengthen Oxford in 2008 and here razzleman is in 2016, half the suggested players will have retired and the rest will be at different clubs, whilst half the players available will be regens.

I am in 17th place with 18 points 4W 6D 6L 22 goals for 22 Against (23rd place team on 16 points). I did buy 4 players in the summer, 1 for £1.3M and the others for about £1.5M in total. What I have noticed is my forward gets plenty of shots on goal but very weak shots which the keeper saves or the defenders deflect. Whilst their players shots go like a bullet from 20yards plus. On average getting about 4 to 5 times more shots on goals than the opposition, but just not getting them in the net. Starting to get a lot of Off sides when my players are no where near off side when I replay them. (How about a pause during the game so you can rewind and check their positions during the game instead of having to replay the whole game later). Maybe I should stick to these players and hope the start to gel better together.

Archived