Silly Boardroom Decisions

Jpr

A place for stupid boardroom actions, mines below:

Here's a bit of background, just finished my 7th season with Clyde in Scotland, we started in Scottish 4th tier and just finished our 1st season in the SPL, surviving by the skin of our teeth...

We're building a new stadium at the cost of £3.9m which we took a loan out for over 25 years!

Finally convinced the board to upgrade the youth facilities; currently on poor!

The board just decided to install undersoil heating in our current stadium, for a whopping total of £2m!!!

Thus cancelling our youth facilities upgrade even though our new stadium is only a year and a half away?

Seems a bit stupid...

We also have £2.5m in the bank but the board still seems to pay the minimum monthly payment on it's loan, madness!!Any stupider stories? :D

Side question

It always pops up saying other clubs are upgrading youth/training facilities, at a cost of only like £65k or something stupid. Why is mine so much more costly?!

Anyone else had any stupid board stories? post them here

isnt undersoil heating a league requirement up there? thought it was ...

yup .. according to wiki it is anyway...

"Clubs must also have under-soil heating systems to prevent cancellation of matches caused by frozen pitches"

and other upgrades are cheap because they probably have facilities in the first place.. your building a whole new facility rather than upgrading...

"Clubs must also have under-soil heating systems to prevent cancellation of matches caused by frozen pitches"

I thought that, but surely they would have done it in time for the first season in the SPL, but yes that makes sense now. Even if it stops us upgrading our basic youth facilities. Trying to breed some sort of Scottish super squad, it will have to wait another year...

I really dont like my current chairman, he took over after a few months into my save in a board takeover, I feel I am going to get the sack if I loose more than a game a month.

Im Grimsby with a spiralling debt problem, I am 3rd in the league after 25 games with hardly any new signings, probably 3k a weeks worth. I reduced the contract of a fair few backup players to help compensate too! Go to the boardroom and my job is insecure!

OK we are loosing about 125k a month but thats not my fault! Its the clubs fault for failing their finances, why did he takeover the club and keep me on if he didn't like my management style? TBH I feel lucky to survive it and I wish it had not happened!

I just want to punch him in the face on a regular occasion!

Ive just lost to 5th in the league who played a stellar game and next up is 1st place, I am 7 points off 1st now with a game in hand.

I really think its a matter of time until I get sacked and i have to start over again (im not doing a career game, jus seeing how far I can take Grimsby)

Archived