Sending Players out on Loan

Am I the only one having trouble getting clubs to take my players on loan? I'm offering for 0 fee and 0% wages and usually no one takes them. And this is Josh McEachran we're talking about too, not some garbage player. Are there any tricks to do it? Any specific times in the calendar that are really good for this?

I've had the same problems as you. Haven't had much experience with fm12, but in 11 I couldn't loan out the likes of phil jones or mario gotze, regardless of wage % and fee. It was very annoying- in real life there would be quite a bit of interest in an offer like this. Judging by your situation, it seems this hasn't changed much in fm12

I'm finding it a lot harder to send players on loan on this version.

They just refuse any loan from second tier teams and the board will only find me amateur feeder clubs to link with it.. it's being hard developing those youngsters that aren't good enough yet to play for first team games (besides cups)

It's probably reputation messing something up.

It's easy once you know how it works.

Get a feeder club but you must find a club that has about 20 ~ 30% less reputation of your own club's reputation. Youngters will most accept a loan to your feeder clubs.

If it is hot prospect or someone who's better, then you need to find a feeder club whose reputation is higher. I have a Finland premier league club for hot prospects.

In the end, it's just a matter of club reputations.

I've got 15 youngters out on loan in my current game.

However, it seems some really have a hard time getting them out on loan.

It's easy once you know how it works.

Get a feeder club but you must find a club that has about 20 ~ 30% less reputation of your own club's reputation. Youngters will most accept a loan to your feeder clubs.

If it is hot prospect or someone who's better, then you need to find a feeder club whose reputation is higher. I have a Finland premier league club for hot prospects.

In the end, it's just a matter of club reputations.

I've got 15 youngters out on loan in my current game.

However, it seems some really have a hard time getting them out on loan.

The problem is finding a club to link with it since the board only finds amateur clubs..

I'm going to try to change them to youngster to see if it helps getting a loan, haven't thought of that.

Hm, amatuer clubs? Which club and what league are you in?

My club in Sweden couldn't afford to loan out youngters until I got to my 4th season. Even then I had to manage a very tight budget. It was only after my 8th season that I got some breathing room and start building youngters for full home-grown first team.

Clubs in Sweden seem to find links to following countries only: USA, Norway, Iceland, Finland.

I'm managing in France, i took a club from the Championnat(3rd tier) to the Ligue 1 and i have the fourth highest reputation in France(below Marseille,PSG and Lyon), the board only finds clubs from the CFA(fourth tier) or below which are all amateur.

This already happened on some leagues on FM11, i'm going to try the international option next time to see if i can get anything decent.

Have you started with a top tier team? That could be my issue i suppose.

Nope, I started out as semi-professional in 2nd tier. Money in Sweden is really, really, tight, so I couldn't afford spending any other extra budget on neither reserve nor youth team for 8 seasons. I started to ask for feeder clubs after 8th season and I have 4 feeder clubs in Sweden lower tier total. Two in Finland, one in USA and one in Norway.

I am in my 18th season now, still struggling in UCL group stage, but I am a regular in knockouts now.

For average youth, they generally accept one of 4 feeder clubs in Sweden.

Hot prospects usually refuse my Sweden feeder clubs, but they generally accept either Norway or Finland premier feeder club.

The USA one is for merchandise sale. I did get two stunning youngters from there tho.

I see thanks, hopefully my reputation catches up after a while and i can start getting clubs from ligue 2 or even the Championnat.

I remember having this issue on Germany but not on Portugal in FM11, anyway next time the option is available i'll try the option to secure first options from a sucessful youth system so maybe i can get an international feeder club.

I think it has something to do with what youngters expect. If they are good, they wouldn't want to rot in some amatuer club on loan.

So, yeah, it sounds like your club's overall (Domestic and Europe) reputation needs to go up more. Most importantly, give the game some time, like 4 seasons or so. It is vital that you make a regular appearance in UEFA championship league. As long as you make an appearance there, you will get a nice boost to your reputation.

Yes it is all about reputation.

If you are the top club in England and want to loan out your promising player that are considered to be, say, "good player for most championship clubs", you'd ideally want a Championship club to loan him so that he gets the chance to dominate and thus have a good loan spell. That is very unlikely to happen. The disparage in reputation is simply too large, and knowing that no Championship club would bother trying either. He would probably want to go to a top-half club on loan, but he's not good enough for them and wouldn't play a single match, so that is not a good solution for anybody.

I think the only way to fix this problem is to make sure that when a player states that he "is looking forward to gain match experience on a loan", he would know what is best for him and thus want to go to a club in a division where he would be a first-team player according to his own CA (which he should be acutely aware of at all times). As a result of this awareness the logic behind the desire to stay at the club and fight for his place would also become much better. It is simply a matter of comparing his own CA and PA to that of his competition at the club, and if he is not too loyal being fourth or fifth in line (or even third) should make him want a move.

I don't know why SI has opted for the vagueness of the current system when leaning towards over-predictability would still yield a varied result.

Probably it's working out well for me because my Swedish club is relatively low in reputation compared to let's say clubs in English, France, Spain, and Germany.

By using FMRTE, my club's reputation is 7109 which is a lot compared to the 2nd best Malmo FF (6200).

My feeder clubs in Finland and Norway are around 5500 mark, so obviously loan offers work out well.

Yeah if you get a loan bit that you just know isn't going to be accepted by the kid, you could go into FMRTE and edit their reputation to 9999 or something. The kid will then be guaranteed to accept (completely ridiculous I know), and after he joins you edit the club's reputation back to what it was again. He will feel that playing there is beneath him, but he will learn a lot anyway.

Archived