In-Match Player Profiles

Greetings,

This goes more like a feature request, so my post is directed at Marc and the rest of the SI family.

In FMHi 2012, or in an early update, will it be possible to see more information in the player profiles during matches? In 2011 we can only access the Profile and Positions panel during games, while out of a game we have access to much more information. It would be very interesting to be able to access also the Contract and History panels during matches, as sometimes we notice a player doing a good job for the opposition team and like to have a quick look on its value and contract details for a possible approach or just check its history records and statistics to have a better feel of the player's performance during the game.

I'm not sure if this restriction for only 2 panels of information is conditioned by the device's available memory, but if possible to add more panels would be a welcome change to all the on-the-go managers out there. :)

Thanks!

• SI Staff

The reason for the restriction initially was 'several fold' - its to prevent users from finding sneaky ways to exit a match and effectively cheat (each page in a match has to be defensively coded to ensure that the user can't find a 'continue button' to get them out of the match) and also to prevent people chaining too many pages together while browsing which can cause memory issues (you might already have guessed the match is the 'heaviest' part of the game - ie. the time when its at peak memory allocation).

I do however agree that allowing users more access to player information during matches would be good and while its not in the initial FMHi 2012 release I will look at that for an update.

I do however agree that allowing users more access to player information during matches would be good and while its not in the initial FMHi 2012 release I will look at that for an update.

That would be great, Marc. :) I hope it can make it into one of the updates...

The reason for the restriction initially was 'several fold' - its to prevent users from finding sneaky ways to exit a match and effectively cheat (each page in a match has to be defensively coded to ensure that the user can't find a 'continue button' to get them out of the match) and also to prevent people chaining too many pages together while browsing which can cause memory issues (you might already have guessed the match is the 'heaviest' part of the game - ie. the time when its at peak memory allocation).

I know of a way of "cheating" in such sports games for ipad. For eg, for a competitor game on the iPad 2, during the end of the match such as which if the player is at the losing end, we can just press the home button on the ipad and exit the game. After which when we resume the game, we will be brought back to the start of the match in which we were at the ending end earlier. Hope this will not be possible with FMHi 12 iOS.

Archived