Cannot Hire Any Assistant Coach

I am playing as ND Tehnostroj Verjez, a Second League (lowest playable league) team in Slovenia. The problem is that I am not able to hire any Assistant Coach (Have not tried hiring any Scouts at the moment). I believe Verjez was promoted from a non-league team to a Second League team in my save in year 2013. Before this, I was managing Chimney Corner in Northern Ireland and was fired after letting them relegate.

I badly need an assistant coach to file reports on my players. However, no one wants to join my club due to its low reputation. Or is it because of my reputation?

Will I have to go without any assistant this season, hoping to improve my rep before people begin noticing?

Please advice me on this matter.

Have you tried promoting a current coach to ass man? or offering a coach the ass man job?

I don't have any staffs to start with. Its only me and the Chairman at the moment. I am trying to hire totally new staffs. Looks like when the club was promoted, the chairman let everyone go. (I have no Physio, no coach, no assistant coach, no scout, etc)

There are some things you can do to filter out unrealistic targets when you don't have an assistant:

1. Set Reputation to Regional

2. If the 4-5 best ones in that list are uninterested, go to Local, Obscure, Unknown (? the bottom one)

3. If you have transfer money, set wages to maximum your maximum wage according to the board - this should filter out most unrealistic targets

4. Send out a job application for assistant manager and wait

If none of these helps, there is little you can do I am afraid.

It sounds to me that this could ne unfixable & you might have to start a new game with a slightly higher reputation club.

It would be a good idea, when you start your game with a low level team, to check out (before confirming the job) if there is an Assman on the staff.

Thanks for the responses. I finally managed to recruit an ass man from Panama, the only one who was willing to work for me. The same happened when I tried looking for a scout; only one person from Andorra was willing to work for me. Both of them have obscure rep.

I had no luck whatsoever looking for coaches, physio, or fitness coaches.

I guess this is to do with the size of database I have loaded. I am playing with a small database (due to my PC specs).

I tried testing this in another save-game by loading the largest database size possible and starting with the same team. Needless to say, I had absolutely no issues recruiting staffs; even some with regional status willing to work for me. SI needs to address this, imo. It should have the same percentage (relatively speaking) of staffs/players at each reputation level in each database size instead of skewing the result set in bias of higher reputation as the database size selection grows smaller.

Thanks for the responses. I finally managed to recruit an ass man from Panama, the only one who was willing to work for me. The same happened when I tried looking for a scout; only one person from Andorra was willing to work for me. Both of them have obscure rep.

I had no luck whatsoever looking for coaches, physio, or fitness coaches.

I guess this is to do with the size of database I have loaded. I am playing with a small database (due to my PC specs).

I tried testing this in another save-game by loading the largest database size possible and starting with the same team. Needless to say, I had absolutely no issues recruiting staffs; even some with regional status willing to work for me. SI needs to address this, imo. It should have the same percentage (relatively speaking) of staffs/players at each reputation level in each database size instead of skewing the result set in bias of higher reputation as the database size selection grows smaller.

Pretty much explains everything yes.

I am afraid that if you have a computer with specs less than 1.8ghz dual core, 4gb memory, a fast hard drive and a good graphics card you won't be enjoying the game that much. It is almost a necessity to have 50 000 players or more if you want to have a realistic, long term game. Smaller database than that and the smaller leagues will have fewer and fewer players, and it is almost impossible to find any worthwhile signings in lower leagues.

What does speed the game up is to make a custom database where you load that many players but only include leagues from the nation you are in. You can try that.

Archived