non-contracts

The advantages of a non contract is it's more performanced based. With a non-contract you don't have to pay any weekly wages which doesn't eat into your budget. You py more bonuses though which is both good for you and for the player. Another advantage is that if you find a better player down the line, you can just let the non-conract player go. Disadvantages are that they can move when they like and you don't have a say in it unless you can offer them a full-time professional deal. They also move for free and you don't get any transfer funds for it.

Can I ask how much you're spending on wages and what is your wage budget please?

So you can spend roughly £26k ish a week and you're currently spending about £300 under that. I'm not sure whether it's been coded to happen, but maybe, if you get close to your wage budget, the board will automatically stop you from spending anymore wages and this means you can only offer non-contract offers.

Have you or were you able to offer full-time professional deals before you were close to your wage budget?

I know in FM12, if you have £2000 to spend and offer 4 players £450 each, the board stop you from offering more contracts so that you don't go over your wage budget.

Its a good way to get around your wage budget too.

Lots of teams in the Conference use non contracts. At Kettering we've had about 7/8 players on these type of deals. Barnet aren't really that much different to usI should think, pretty similar teams in terms of attendances, and players. It seems pretty understandable if they're offering out non contract deals.

Archived