Exchanging Managers !

Hello all, I am new to this forum having just signed up 15 minutes ago!

Basically, I have just started my 2nd season in the Prem with West Ham, won the Championship and League Cup in my first year :). Anyway I have been looking at the current managers on some of the Premier League clubs 'staff' screens and it is simply unbelievable how many managers move on from there current clubs within the space of one season.

For example:

• Tony Pulis (Aston Villa)

• Steve Clarke (Blackburn)

• Guus Hiddink (Chelsea)

• Avram Grant (Everton)

• David Moyes (Fulham)

• Louiss van Gaal (Liverpool)

• Alan Shearer (Newcastle)

• Alex Mcleish (Stoke)

• Mick McCarthy (Sunderland)

• Steve Bruce (Wolves)

That's a total of 10 new managers within the space of 1 season, surely this would never happen, I mean that's half of the Premier League changing managers and teams such as Aston Villa, Stoke, Sunderland and Wolves seem to have just swapped there managers around which i find rather unrealistic. I recall seeing this on last years FM too, Nevertheless i think Football Manager 2012 is a masterpiece. I'm really enjoying my current campaign with West Ham and would like to congratulate SI on making such a fantastic game!

Its the same on my game.

Arsene wenger left arsenal and went to manage Lyon, Ancelotti is at Newcastle, Dalglish got sacked and replaced by David Moyes who was then replaced at Everton b y Avram Grant. Alex McCleish got sacked and went to Sunderland and Pulis and McCarthy swapped jobs....

Bit much tbh.

this season I've had David Moyes move from Everton to Man City to Chelsea all from Season 1 March to season 2 March. Also Pellegrini move from Chelsea to Man City. He moved from where ever to Chelsea March season 1 also.

I agree that the big managers change clubs too frequently, just to move to another club and that for example Liverpool appointing Moyes is unrealistic.

However, if you think back to the start of the 2010/2011 season and who was in charge of the 20 premier league teams, only 11 of them were at the same club at the start of 2011/2012 so not totally unrealistic.

I haven't noticed much of this manager swaping just yet but I have noticed that an alarmingly amount of managers have their jobs insecure already and I'm only in October of my first season.

Also in after my last match Middlesbrough,Hull City,Leeds United,Blackppol & Sheffield Wednesday all just sacked their managers in the same day! A tad unrealistic if you ask me.

Archived