Trained at club (0-21)

What is the point of this? :confused:

Appearently, players I've signed at 18 who turns 21 in their third season only gets the homegrown status trained at club (0-21) instead of (15-21). This counts as NOTHING in the european squads, not even as trained in nation players. So what is the point?

The most frustrating part is that some of these youngsters should've definitely been out on loan to get some first team experience, but I've been reluctant to loan them out because their homegrown due date has stated that they would be trained at club if I keep them, and I could deffo need some homegrown players. Now I'm stuck with some 21 year old players basically sacrificed for homegrown status, with nothing to show for.

As I understand it, (0-21) is for domestic homegrown status, and is three years before they end being 21 (i.e. the day of their 22nd birthday), (15-21) is for european competition, and is three years before they turn 21 (i.e. the day of their 21st birthday).

And yes, this means if you want a player to qualify as homegrown for europe, you have to get them before their 18th birthday.

@turneep Yes, but they get 15-21 within the season after the youth intake. Players you've signed that turns 21 during their third season appears to also get 0-21. I can't see any advantages about having homegrown (0-21)-players, it's only misleading in the due date column for homegrown status.

@vurogj Yes, so when playing in for instance italy where there aren't squad registering for the domestic league, having 0-21-players wouldn't really do anything, but in leagues such as England they would count as homegrown in the domestic league squad registering?

Archived