How do you find your players?

So, looking around at everyone's career updates, and how well they seem to do, has got me thinking. Just how do you find all these great players?

I've tried, and I can't seem to get anywhere near what some people sign. So how do you find yours?

Use your scouts effectively, and sit looking through the lists of players on the player search for an hour or so :p

Also, using the 'Looking For' thread gives you a bit of help as well because users will give you an option you usually would not go for sometimes.

I have search filters set up for all of the roles I use in my team, e.g. I play with a poacher so I have one filter that has all the key attributes for a poacher (finishing, composure, antipation, pace, acceleration etc etc) to look for players that have 15 in all those attributes. I then have another version for younger players that might develop in to a top poacher which looks for players below the age of 20 with 12 in all those attributes. I have similar filters set up for every position in my team.

Every transfer window (and sometimes during the season) I use these filters to see if I can find any players that fill those roles that would be an improvement over what I already have. If any players come up that have the right attributes I send scouts to have a look.

I also look at the top rated players that my scouts recommend to see if they might have the right attributes for the roles I use. But I tend to use the filters to search based on attributes more - if players don't have the right attributes then i dont really care what the scouts say.

My scouts can barely find any talent at all.

I should mention, I'm playing lower league. Anyone with advice for that too is welcome to share :D

Get better scouts? :D:)

On a serious note, trawl through the player filter and adjsut the attributes slider to key stats for key positions. If you were to play LLM rules I think you have to stick to your scouts though and not touch the player lists.

Get better scouts? :D:)

On a serious note, trawl through the player filter and adjsut the attributes slider to key stats for key positions. If you were to play LLM rules I think you have to stick to your scouts though and not touch the player lists.

No, it's dafuge's challenge. I'll give the filters a go.

Archived