Most useless line man

I might be being thick, but I can't see what your orange line indicates? It seems to be behind your players. Do you have a screenie from when the ball was played? And was the offside given against the player just to the left of the ball?

The orange line indicates where his player was when the pass was played and the blue where the opponents last defender was, quite easy actually.

The orange line indicates where his player was when the pass was played and the blue where the opponents last defender was, quite easy actually.

Yes it does, but the picture didn't show that as it showed the players after the ball was played. Hence my question. Quite simple actually.

As far as I can make out from the video it looks like the player I have indicated was just offside, so maybe the ref classed him as intefering with play?

Yes, I agree. I noticed him too so the display of lines in earlier post is misleading.

As far as I can make out from the video it looks like the player I have indicated was just offside, so maybe the ref classed him as intefering with play?

unled1gmd.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hmm that would be quite interesting if the refs actually made mistakes or considered "passive off-side." I always thought the line shown during replay would always indicate the player that was offside or considered to be offside. But if that's not the case then it actually marks the player that scores and doesn't consider the guy that the offside was called at?

same thing happened to me, I am Sunderland and in a game vs Newcastle and right before half time I had a free kick, which was saved by the goalkeeper, it fell to Connor Wickham, who scored it but it was disallowed because of offside, but in the replay I saw that Wickham was clearly onside, goal did not stand and game ended 0-0 :/

Archived