Anyone ever gone on to manage their favourite team after starting at the very bottom?

With the release of this new incarnation I decided that rather than starting off with my beloved Hammers I would try beginning as an unemployed Sunday League Footballer and try and work my way up the ladder. Come November after applying for a few posts I was finally offered one at Blue Square League Darlington, I must say it's tough as you don't know the players like we all do at Premier League Level but it's a real challenge.

However is it possible to start off as a Sunday League Footballer (experience) and get snapped up eventually by a big Club, especially your favourite Club? Has anyone experienced it in previous games and how long did it take you to reach the top? Or shall I just elbow Big Sam now and forget thehard graft?!

I did in FM11. Started at lowly Fylkir and worked my way through Lech, PSV, PSG, Juventus, Real Betis before finally Spurs came knocking. Took about 11 seasons, although my PSV/PSG stint helped as I negotiated a single year deal and won the league, left, won the league, left. Reputation ahoy :D

I did in FM11. Started at lowly Fylkir and worked my way through Lech, PSV, PSG, Juventus, Real Betis before finally Spurs came knocking. Took about 11 seasons, although my PSV/PSG stint helped as I negotiated a single year deal and won the league, left, won the league, left. Reputation ahoy :D

I like your style. :thup:

Archived