Question

Kriss you closed the below thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278995-FM-2012-offline.

The reason being that you have said that the link you provided in the thread answers ALL questions.

But it doesn't, it doesn't answer my question which is below:

Q. Why choose Steam?

A. We chose Steam as they offer us the best protection against pre-release date Piracy. (question and answers posted officially by Sega)

My question is that if this is the sole reason then why can't we activate with Steam and then uninstall it?

Because if you can run in offline mode anyway whats the difference?

The link you provided doesn't answer that question, if Sega/SI don't want to answer it that is their perogative but asking the question should be allowed.

It's actually answered best on the Steam website, but to put it simply the way Steam works means a product is attached to your Steam account (effectively A tiny part of steam becomes part of FM12 is the best way I can explain it)

This means that you need the Steam application to run (either on or offline) for FM12 to run.

That's the way it works and uninstalling Steam will prevent FM12 running.

Discussion on why that's the case is a subject for the Steam forums not the SI ones.

I understand that Steam doesn't allow it but there are a variety of other activation methods out there that would allow a simple activation code to be entered for someone buying a boxed version of the game and then you are off, no other additional software needed other than at activation stage.

I'm not an expert but based on other people in the know I have spoken to this would be just as secure if the only reason was anti-piracy issues (and used by many other companies successfully). I think Miles also stated that Sega had made SI aware of a range of options for activation as well other than Steam.

I won't add to the already vast amounts of complaints about this decision but I would add that in my honest opinion anti-piracy is not the only reason this decision was made and that appears to be quite clear.

Simple fact is (and this should be very clear) and i dont mean to cause offense is that your either install Steam and play, or shut the pish up about it. Simple.

Steam is needed, I personally like Steam and use it often, never a problem and i know alot of people/friends who like and use Steam.

It has been talekd to death, If you dont like/want Steam on your PC/Laptop, you CANT play FM12. SI/SEGA etc have chosen this method and the more you bitch and moan about it, the more your getting yourself worked up about it. I would estimate about 80% of people are happy enough to Install/Use Steam..

"Put up or Shut Up" :)

Thank you.

Archived