Throw-ins

I hate having to bring this up every year, but sadly it never seems to change. It's no good just having a left/right side option for throw-ins, it needs to have a defensive and attacking option as well. No point me choosing what to do with them on the various sides if it's going to be ignored depending on where it is on the pitch. At the same time, as in previous versions, what is it with utterly moronic decisions with throw-ins? I tell them to take short throw-ins, so why half the time do they just throw it to either no mans land, or the opposition? Not that hard to follow an instruction of "take a short throw-in". It's bad enough that they rarely take short throw-ins, but it's even worse when they throw it long to nobody or to the opposition. Nobody in real life just thinks "ok I'll take a long throw-in and just throw it to nobody". Fed up of it.

Agreed, the whole throw in system as is more or less garbage, since the introduction of Delap style long throws defensive instructions are a must as getting the AI to use the defend corner options is not a satisfactory situation & as the OP has said attacking throw-ins just coem across all wrong in the game,

lulz.. I've just been muttering to myself about the throw-in issues in FM09... (same ones I reported in FM11 strangely enough...)

@SI/PC - The ME on 11.3 is v923 but the ME on 12.0.1 is v983... where's the changelist (and why have throw-in's still not been fixed)?? there's obviously 60 revisions... so there has to be at least 60 "changes" even if they're 30 changes that have been changed back! :p

Archived