Career mode

One thing that would be good, could be a new option when you start a new game.

After the first screen with new game/load game, could be af three option screen:

1. i choose country(s), league(s) and team

2. random country(s), league(s) and team

3. Career mode.

1. i gives itself it's the way it works now.

2. you have the option to pick continent(s), or all. then a random pick of country, league and team.

3. You pick your reputation, then your nationality and the continents you can be contacted from. And then you start as unemployed in your home country.

the you can be contacted by teams in the country(s) you have picked, and then the option to add that country to your game.

The career part would be good if you can be contacted by teams in country's you haven't picked in the start, so you don't have to have selected a lot of countryes at the start of a game.

One example, let's say i start unemployed in Denmark (and thats the only country i have started with), then i could be contacted by lower clubs in Sweden or Norway, and if i choose a team in Sweden i get the chance of add the country. After nearly one season, where i have done it so good that the team is to be promoted i get contacted by a better team in another country i can add that country, if i choose to change club.

This way i can get a travelsman career where i don't choose the all the country's in the start, but the game can evolve in a more random way, and get a more "fun" game.

I hope it makes sense. Sorry if my english is a bit off - i'm danish. :-)

If they allowed contracting from non loaded leagues it would make the loading of the game tedious.. as it would have to simulate so much more data.

You can just pick all leagues from a continent you want to play in and you can always unload the leagues later if you want to switch "continent".

FM12 lets you plug and play any league in the game.

i don't see that it's any different than the way it is, with the new plug and play i only say that it would be good to be contacted by a club you haven't picked in start of game. you only get contacted and then you can choose that country (if its possible at the time of season).

So it's not different than if you choose to add a country yourself, i don't mean that you change club in the middle of the season (that's not possible, as you only can add new country at the end off season)

The game is programmed so that you have to have the league loaded to get contract offers and I don't see that chaning ever cause that would require reprogramming of the entire engine. (most likely)

I was surprised they got the plug and play league added without major reprogramming.

I actually really like this idea and disagree that this would be something very hard to implement. I mean how do they choose which teams from non loaded leagues get promoted to Champions league and Europa league? Do they monitor in any way whether teams get promoted/demoted in non loaded leagues? It could follow a different logic then normal job offers, perhaps just a random chance of job opening.

Does anybody else also feel that all three desired modes have been in the game for years already? :confused:

1. Standard choice of club

2. Tick the pick club button

3. The games actually comes with nothing else than a career mode, where you can start unemployed as well

The only new suggestion up there IIRC is that the game should also have an option to pick the active leagues, which I don't see as important.

Archived